Friday, June 15, 2012

My First Post as Newport Uni Student Mentor

A Reflective Writing of Induction
15th June 2012

Today is a first day as a student mentor in University of Wales, Newport. It feels great and happy to be a part of this fantastic team. I am having a student mentor training right now which is very good and interesting. I am looking forward to meet up new students in upcoming sessions and cant wait to get started again !!!!!

A Perfect video to show what would I do and Now I am one of them.   (O.O)

It felt really nice when I heard from Kerry that I am being selected as a mentor and asked me to join this great team. I was anxiously waiting for the day to get my induction which is today on 15th of June,2012.

It was a mixed feeling when I entered in to the room for induction and training. I was happy and relaxed that I have got something to do in these boring summer vacations. I was also curious about what would be my job and was eager to learn what exactly I'd be doing as a mentor in Unversity.

As the time was passing by with different activities, my love for this job was also touching its heights. I had a bit of an idea what I am gonna be doing but what I really like the most is its not about only helping students in a routine matter but its also about building up relationship and strong network within Newport Uni student community.

It is interesting to remember that we can be a friend of our mentee but our relationship as a mentor must be professional. We should remember our boundry line and how to cope up difficult situation without letting other person's feeling is very important.

Now I am comfortable at this moment and relaxed as I know much about mentoring. The session was knowledegble and I do feel like a mentor now.

No comments:

Post a Comment